The Heart Bill claim is filed in much the same way that a typical worker's compensation claim would be filed. You have to go through a process of filing a notice of injury with your employer. Typically this is done around the time of a disability related to either hypertension or heart disease. A person is out of work because they have suffered a condition of high blood pressure or they've had a cardiac event of some kind.

When that occurs an accident report has to be filed. The employee typically does this if they understand how to do it and the protections that are provided by the Heart Bill, but the employer also has an obligation to file a first report of injury if they know of a cardiac disability or a disability related to hypertension that has occurred.

Call Toll Free (866) 245-8977

ORLANDO: 541 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 310, Maitland, FL 32751
TAMPA: 13031 W. Linebaugh Ave., Suite 102, Tampa, FL 33626
MIAMI: 1108 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
JACKSONVILLE: 4811 Beach Blvd, Suite 204, Jacksonville, FL 32207
PALM BEACH: 420 US Highway 1, Suite 15, North Palm Beach, FL 33408